Virtual Office Services Terms and Conditions
This document (together with the documents referred to in it) sets out the terms and conditions on which we supply our Virtual Office services to you.
By ordering any of our Services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to be signed up for any of our virtual office services.
These terms and conditions are valid for virtual office services at the following sites:
- Castle Street
1. YOUR STATUS
By placing your order for virtual office services, you confirm that:
You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
You will not use any of the rights granted by these terms for any obscene, illegal, immoral or defamatory purposes and will not in any way bring us or our name into disrepute;
2. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- All orders are subject to acceptance by us and the terms of clause 2.2, we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that your order has been processed (the Welcome Email). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Welcome Email, a copy of these terms and conditions is also sent with the Welcome email.
3. After we receive your order, we will first send our application email which will detail the next steps required to activate your service. This will include steps (if you have not already done so) to submit copies of your original personal identification for that of the individual applying for the contract along with proof of your current address. Once this has been received and processed, we will send you an invoice for payment for your selected service; when payment is received, we will send your Welcome Email.
SUPPLY OF SERVICES
- Services will commence on the date set out in the Welcome Email (Start Date) and will be provided for the initial term selected by you. Thereafter you will be contacted regarding your renewal instructions (annual service). For monthly rolling services these will continue until either party provides not less than one month’s written notice to the other party of its intention to terminate the Contract.
- All fees and charges are payable in English Pounds.
4. GENERAL TERMS
- Your Obligations/You shall:
- Ensure that the terms of any order and any information you provide are complete and accurate;
- Co-operate with us in all matters relating to the provision of the Services;
- Provide us with such information and materials we may reasonably require in order to supply the Services and ensure that such information is accurate in all material respects.
- Co-operate and comply with all requests made by us to ensure The Money Laundering Regulations 2007 are met – for more information please visit link to Money Laundering Regulations explanation document.
- We are under no obligation to send you a Welcome Email, and we will not send you a Welcome Email until we have received personal identification documentation and payment for your service. The ID should be that of the person responsible for the company or business (director or owner) applying for the contract along with a council tax bill or bank statement showing the director’s or owner’s current home address information (no more than 6 months old). We will carry out identity checks on each individual, partner, director and For the individual(s) involved – these checks will leave a ‘soft credit search’ that does not leave any visible footprint for lenders but is vital in establishing proof of identity. If these identity checks are failed, and the correct documentation cannot be supplied – we will be unable to activate your account, you will then be issued a refund minus the non-refundable £15 administration fee to cover our costs in carrying out these identity checks.
- We are required to carry out identification checks for any individual for whom we receive mail under your service and so this formality will need to be completed for any/all of your virtual office service mail recipients and will incur a £15 administration fee.
Due to the type of services we provide any compensation claim shall be limited in total to one month’s service fee (or its equivalent if the contract term is charged annually). We cannot accept any compensation claim that is the result of consequential loss to your business and, by accepting these terms you fully agree to indemnify us from any such claim.
- We are required, by current legislation, to report to the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) where we know or suspect that a transaction involves Money Laundering or Terrorist Financing. By instructing us to act on your behalf in accordance with our Terms of Business you give us irrevocable authority to make a disclosure to SOCA if we consider it appropriate.
5 THE SERVICES
- The Services will be those services set out on our Website at the time you order the Services from us.
- Virtual Mailbox – Customers may use the chosen business centre as their mail forwarding address (If a registered address and/or Director’s Service Address is included in your service, upon termination of our contract you agree to inform Companies House of the change of address within seven days). Users of the Registered Address and/or Director’s Service Address Package – this service includes the forwarding of mail from Companies House, HMRC and the Information Commissioner. These government organisations will always write to the registered address held on their records. If your company has a letter, notice or document ‘served’ at the registered office address then we will also forward this mail to you. There are several government bodies that will write to any address and you should always provide them with your physical address to avoid confusion.
- Can I use my address on a driving license? Remember that, to hold a UK driving license you must either have a British Passport, or be a legal resident in the You can use it as your correspondence address, but must not claim it to be your residence. The advice from the DVLA is to include a short note with your application, explaining why you need to use an accommodation address; that you are constantly travelling, are living abroad temporarily, or simply have no fixed address in the UK etc.
- Can I register a car to my accommodation address? The DVLA advice on submitting a V5C (log book) is exactly the same as above section 5.2 (a).
- Can I apply for a passport from the address? Falsely claiming the mailbox address as your ‘place of residence’ may leave you liable to prosecution. UK expats, however, can use the mailbox as their correspondence address when renewing a British passport from abroad. Read the Passport Office website.
- Can I use the address to open a Bank Account? Whilst you can use it as a mailing address for your bank statements etc., claiming it to be your residential address when opening a bank account will almost certainly cause a problem when the bank carries out its own due diligence checks and does not find you listed on the local Electoral Roll.
- Corporate Upgrade – This service is provided for regulated organisations who wish to use the business centre as their client’s Registered Office Address. A disclaimer will be signed to allow the organisation to take responsibility for MLRO checks for their clients. This option is only used for registered business address purposes for Companies House and HMRC (not for trading purposes) and a charge of £55 per client company registered applies.
- Mail – Incoming mail will be handled as per your selection during sign up. The post forwarding service incurs a handling charge of £3.50 and postage is charged at Royal Mail first class rates. We reserve the right to open any items before collection or forwarding that may be suspected of containing dangerous or illegal objects/substances or to provide information to the police or other investigative bodies where it is our belief that our services are being or have been used for criminal or fraudulent purposes. We reserve the right to open any mail that is not clearly identifiable to establish the recipient.
- Mail handling – All mail delivered to you at the Masrh Virtual Mailbox address will be forwarded by first class Royal Mail to the address (United Kingdom only) specified by you during the sign-up process on average once per week. In the event that mail delivered to you at the Virtual Office address is not addressed in such a way that we are able to verify from the outside packaging that it is addressed to you, we reserve the right to open such mail to determine for whom it is intended. The Workstation does not guarantee or assume responsibility for any mail forwarded on behalf of the client.
- Mail scanning – Where you select to have your mail opened and scanned to email, you authorise us to destroy the original item of mail once electronic receipt has been confirmed, or within 30 days of sending the scan, whichever is sooner.
- Physical Mailbox – We will receive on your behalf all pre- paid mail addressed to you and will deposit the same into your mailbox. If a registered address and/or Director’s Service Address is included in your service all your statutory mail will be placed in your mailbox. At Business Centres where there is no concierge, mail will be allocated to mailboxes at least twice per week. Allocation of mail will be suspended during the Christmas Shut down period.
- Any person having possession of your mailbox key or code is deemed to be authorised by you and we will not be bound to enquire into the authority of such a person. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in the event that the key is in the possession of an unauthorised
- The charge to replace a lost mailbox key is £10.00
- You may telephone or email to enquire whether there is mail for you. We are not obliged to open and read mail or advise who it is from.
Parcels – We do not accept responsibility for the safe receipt or storage of parcels at any of our business centre and we require customers to arrange collection of these parcels within one week. In the event that parcels require forwarding, these are charged at Royal Mail’s current franking rates plus packaging, and a handling charge of £15.00
- Telephone Number Services – Telephony and Virtual Receptionist services are provided via a partner organisation and you will be bound by the separate terms and conditions of this
- Third party enquiries In the event that we receive third party enquiries for you or your business at any of our offices by telephone, email or in person please note that we will advise the third party that you do not have a physical or trading presence at our address but that we will pass their details on to you to enable you to make contact with the third party.
- Special Delivery Items Our business centre do not have a manned reception or concierge service. Therefore, while we make every attempt to facilitate deliveries to our buildings, we cannot guarantee that Special Delivery items requiring a signature will be signed for, and so clients are advised that they may need to make alternative arrangements for such deliveries.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Prices are as quoted on our Website, except in cases of obvious error, and exclude VAT. Payment can be made online and services are not activated until payment is processed.
- Direct Debit: The Client will be required to set up a Direct Debit for payment of services. Direct Debits are utilised by The Provider in order to save resources on administration and chasing potential bad debts, therefore, if the Client prefers not to pay by Direct Debit an additional fee of £6.50 + VAT will become chargeable.
- Direct Debits are processed within 3 working days.
- The Masrh Virtual Office fees are invoiced and collected in line with your original start date and agreement. All fees and charges are collected via your Direct Debit mandate
The Receiving Party shall only use the Confidential Information for the purposes for which it was disclosed to it and shall under no circumstances use or disclose the Confidential Information after expiry of the Contract. This clause 9 shall survive termination of the Contract.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site and our services, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All notices given by you to us must be by recorded delivery post to Marsh Business Services, Castle Street. We may give notice to you at either the e- mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order.